Many aspects of the English National Curriculum can be enhanced through the effective use of technology, raising engagement and attainment within the subject. The impact of using digital still images and video as a stimulation for writing and speaking and listening is well documented through our years of work with the Film Literacy Project. There is also a strong body of evidence on how digital texts can help raise attainment in reading, particularly with boys.
The course content will be very hands on and include:
• Exploring a range of short films to raise attainment and engagement in oracy, reading and writing.
• Using film creation to raise attainment and engagement in writing.
• Understanding how simple animation can be used to support spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Raising attainment and engagement in reading through the use of digital texts and multimedia.
• Exploring a range of apps on iPads to raise attainment in all areas of Literacy.
The emphasis will be on a narrow range of technology, apps and software that staff can master and use effectively throughout the English Curriculum.
Audience: KS2 teachers, teachers responsible for teaching KS2 English and English subject leaders.