There are many ways technology can be used effectively to support many areas of learning and development in EYFS. This half-day session will explore a range of technology used in EYFS based around ‘Curriculum Innovation’s guide to using technology in EYFS’ published on the National Literacy Trust’s website.
The course content will be very hands on and include:
• Discussing attendees present use of technology in EYFS settings and the effect it has on the learning and development of children.
• Reviewing ‘Curriculum Innovation’s guide to using technology in EYFS’ and discussing how this could be implemented in your setting.
• Understanding the role technology plays in the lives of young children at home and how we can support parents to use this appropriately.
• Exploring a range of technology that allow children to record and play audio to support development of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
• Investigating a range of large touchscreen technologies and how they can be utilised effectively within a setting.
• Examining and evaluating a range of engaging content available on tablet devices (specifically iPads).
Audience: All staff with an interest in using technology effectively in EYFS