The Computing National Curriculum is not just about coding. The programme of study also refers to Online Safety, Digital Literacy and using technology appropriately and effectively across all areas of the curriculum. This course is built around the KS1 objectives from the Bradford Computing scheme of work ensuring that the KS1 Computing National Curriculum is delivered comprehensively through the Computer Science, Media and Data Handling strands. The course will be very hands on and include:
• Understanding and teaching key Computing vocabulary.
• Understanding the expectations of coding at KS1 and how to teach elements of coding without a computer.
• Exploring how to use ScratchJr to introduce programming at upper KS1.
• Programming physical devices such as BeeBots.
• Understanding the expectations of Data Handling at KS1 and how this can used in Mathematics and Science.
• Using the Media strand allowing children to access a range of exciting digital resources and demonstrate their learning through the creation of multimedia content.
• Exploring a range of mobile technology, software and apps to use in KS1.
Audience: Computing subject leaders and teachers of Computing in KS1