The role of Computing Subject Leader can be very demanding and it is important that the responsibility is clearly defined in the school as there are many staff who have a part to play to ensure appropriate technologies are used effectively and safely across the whole school.
The course content will be very hands on and include:
• Ensuring the delivery and progression through a comprehensive Computing Curriculum.
• Exploring all areas of the Computer Science strand of the Computing Curriculum.
• Maintaining and purchasing new technologies and content through a cost effective and sustainable process.
• Providing appropriate staff CPD.
• Supporting the whole school (e)Safeguarding agenda and Online Safety Curriculum.
• Ensuring the effective use of technologies across the curriculum to raise attainment and engagement.
This two day course will address all the points above, enable you to clarify your role as subject lead and provide you with a range of skills, knowledge and resources to successfully fill the role of Computing Subject Leader at your school.
NB this is 2 day course and is held on 5/10/2017 and 22/03/2018
Audience: Computing subject leaders & Computing specialist staff